Orisun – An Origami Deployable Solar Concentrator
Water Purification, Desalination, Solar Cooking, and Electricity Generation
Orisun’s mission is to challenge the scarcity of freshwater around the world through the development of lost cost, ultralight, portable, sustainable, compact deployable, solar concentrators for water purification, desalination, solar cooking, and electricity generation. With natural disasters, war, pollution, and climate change spurring water stress for 2 billion people around the world, sustaining the availability of fresh water for drinking, sanitation, and permaculture is most critical. Through the development of small to very large scale solar collectors, Orisun aims to address these challenges.
Orisun wins 1st place at Startup Weekend UCSB!
As a result,
- Microsoft requested our resumes
- We won a free course at Noospheric ($999.0 Value)
- One free month of work space at The Sandbox in Santa Barbara
- An opportunity to pitch our idea to Tech Coast Angels
- Access to all premium bootstrap kits at Creative Tim
- Startup legal advice and mentorship from Cardona Law